Sometimes taking care of our oral health becomes something so routine that it is not done in the best way. To avoid cavities or other diseases of the mouth, pay attention to these 10 simple tips from one of the best dentist in Armadale that will help you to maintain an effective oral hygiene.
1. Regular check-up Go to the dentist, at least, once a year and from very early ages. By having regular checkups, your dentist can give you a tailored oral hygiene program much like what we do here at Dental Care Group.
2. Brush three times a day. Brush your teeth three times a day, after each meal. Essentially: before going to bed and after getting up in the morning.
3. Use toothpaste with fluoride. It is advisable to use a toothpaste with fluoride to prevent the appearance of cavities.
4. Brush with a head. The correct brushing consists of making short, smooth and elliptical movements, without forgetting the line of the gums, the posterior teeth (difficult to access) and the areas surrounding the crowns of the teeth and seals (caps). Do not share your toothbrush. The exchange of bodily fluids that this would promote increases the risk of infections for those who share them. This is a particularly important consideration for people with compromised immune systems or with infectious diseases.
5. Replace your brush often. Experts recommend renewing the toothbrush every three months to prevent periodontal diseases.
6. Do not forget the dental floss. He uses dental floss daily; The best time to use it is at night, since the absence of salivation while sleeping favors the action of bacterial plaque.
7. Rinse yourself. Mouthwashes or mouth rinses are an important aid when it comes to keeping your mouth healthy and avoiding pathologies and infections. Remember that these do not replace the proper brushing of your teeth.
8. Eat a healthy diet. A varied and balanced diet also helps to strengthen the immune system so that it can defend itself against any infection in the oral cavity. Limit snacking between meals.
9. Chewing gums help you.If you eat outside the house and you can not wash your teeth, use sugarless gum, particularly those that use xylitol as a sweetening agent (it has a certain bactericidal action). The stimulation of salivary secretion leaves your teeth in contact with the best anti-caries agent that exists: your own saliva.
10. Do not abuse the bleaches. Although they are effective to give light to the teeth, when they are used excessively and continuously they can damage the enamel.